Monday, January 18, 2010

Y-U-M MEEEE

Sooo... let me just start off by saying that I LOVE rainy days!! I think it's because there's only a few of them a year here in good 'ol AZ, and every time it does rain here it always smells so good outside :] thank you creosote!

Anyways, I was sitting at work staring out my window (wishing I could be anywhere else) and I started thinking about chili. Yup, chili. I WANT SOME! It seriously sounded so good. So I went to Fresh n' Easy and just looked for anything that would taste good in chili and decided to put it all together :] It turned out ahhmazing. By no means am i a cook haha maybe that's why I'm so proud of myself, but try it out and tell me what you think! I named it Rainy Day Chili, you know you just love the name huh? lol Oh and IDK how to write a dang recipe so just deal with it mmmkay ha ha.

Rainy Day Chili

two pounds ground turkey (or ground beef whatev)
1 small jalepeno-diced
1 small can of diced green chilies
2 cans red kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes - diced and add the sauce too!!
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 tbsp garlic salt (or to taste whatever works. i like, ok love, garlic salt)
red chili powder to taste
1/4 cup water

Brown the meat in a skillet and drain out the fat. Add all ingredients into pan and bring to a boil. I like my chili kinda spicy, so i added a sprinkle of chili powder over the top and mixed it. The jalepeno does add a little kick though. I lalso ike my chili a little on the thicker side, so after looking at the mixture you can decide if you want to add more water-but keep in mind that the tomatoes will give off moisture too. After the mixture boils, cover and simmer for an hour. DONE! Easy Peeezy lemon squeezey! :]

I'm thinking the longer it simmers the better it will be. Tristan got home from work about 45 minutes after I started simmering and he had to eat it right away. He has zero patience, especially when things smell good :] So next time I think I'll try it in the crock pot and keep it on low while I'm at work.

Sorry my hog of a fiance ate it all before i could take a picture! Oh by the way it should serve 4 normal people, but this batch only served me and Tristan cuz he's a garbage disposal who is going to eat us out of our house :P Well I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment